Close Menu
Daily Guardian
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Climate
  • Auto
  • Travel
  • Web Stories
What's On

Bitget CFD Introduces Dynamic Leverage With Up to 800x Leverage on Gold

August 21, 2026

Jolly Bubble Expands to Ottawa with Grand Opening of Barrhaven Location

August 21, 2026

Knowledge Returns Alliance Expands AI-Enabled Financial Education Through PF System

August 21, 2026

Statkraft applies for licence to build new Høyanger K5 hydropower plant

August 21, 2026

Drovix Launches In-House Multi-Asset Liquidity and Execution Stack for Sub-Millisecond Fills, Tighter Spreads

August 21, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Finance Pro
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Daily Guardian
Subscribe
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Climate
  • Auto
  • Travel
  • Web Stories
Daily Guardian
Home » 45-car train derails north of Montreal, investigation underway
News

45-car train derails north of Montreal, investigation underway

By News RoomJuly 6, 20262 Mins Read
45-car train derails north of Montreal, investigation underway
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

CN Rail is investigating after a 45-car train derailed Sunday in Repentigny, north of Montreal.

Repentigny police said officers were called to the scene at Le Bourg-Neuf Boulevard and Émile-Genest Street around 4:30 p.m.

No leaks, fires or injuries were reported. Railway authorities said three of the cars had previously transported diesel, but were empty at the time.

Railway investigators are expected to work throughout the day Monday to carry out dismantling and cleanup work.

Get daily Canada news delivered to your inbox so you'll never miss the day's top stories.

Get daily National news

Get daily Canada news delivered to your inbox so you’ll never miss the day’s top stories.

Those living in the area were evacuated from their homes as a precautionary measure, but in an update Sunday night, municipal officials said the scene was secure and residents could return.

The derailment also caused a significant disruption to the power grid. As of Sunday night, more than 1,000 customers were without power, according to the Hydro-Québec outage map. As of Monday morning, power has been restored to all but a handful of customers.

In a statement on social media, Repentigny Mayor Nicolas Dufour called the derailment a “disturbing situation.”


“I thank the citizens I met on the spot for their resilience,” he added.

Le Bourg-Neuf Boulevard, between Émile-Genest and Rosalie-Cadron streets, and La Paix street, near the railway, are closed until cleanup measures are complete.

Railway investigators remain at the scene to determine the cause of the incident.

In a statement on social media, Pascale Déry, Quebec’s minister of the environment, climate change, wildlife and parks, said she and Minister of Internal Security Ian Lafrenière are monitoring the situation “very closely.”

&copy 2026 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Keep Reading

Body of Halifax man found at recycling facility, police investigating

Rise in Nova Scotia shark sightings prompts calls for better beach monitoring

Jazz and gospel fill the church in Little Burgundy as Montreal honours Oliver Jones

Summerland businesses face another blow as water advisory keeps doors closed

Calgary’s tech sector sees North America’s highest growth 3 years and counting

Brief shutdown of Bearspaw water main coming in September for Calgary region

U.S. alcohol may go back on Manitoba shelves, but Kinew urges customers to buy Canadian

Drug trafficking suspects sought by U.S. may seek trial in Canada instead

‘It’s heartbreaking,’ says Ontario First Nation amid 2nd evacuation this summer

Editors Picks

Jolly Bubble Expands to Ottawa with Grand Opening of Barrhaven Location

August 21, 2026

Knowledge Returns Alliance Expands AI-Enabled Financial Education Through PF System

August 21, 2026

Statkraft applies for licence to build new Høyanger K5 hydropower plant

August 21, 2026

Drovix Launches In-House Multi-Asset Liquidity and Execution Stack for Sub-Millisecond Fills, Tighter Spreads

August 21, 2026

Latest News

Micware Presents Research Results at the International Conference “IEEE IV 2026”

August 21, 2026

Body of Halifax man found at recycling facility, police investigating

August 21, 2026

Bodor Laser Launches Flagship X Series for Intelligent, Efficient, and Stable Sheet Metal Production

August 21, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest TikTok Instagram
© 2026 Daily Guardian Canada. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Advertise
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

Go to mobile version