Daily Guardian
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Climate
  • Auto
  • Travel
  • Web Stories
What's On

Australia Data Centre Construction Industry Report 2025 Featuring AirTrunk , Multiplex Constructions, Fujitsu, Procore Technologies, Kapitol, Nilsen, Kajima, and DXN – Growth Analysis Forecast to 2034

February 19, 2026

Weather impacting Livigno Olympic schedule

February 19, 2026

Crypto Snack Unveils Five-Pillar Ecosystem Spanning Sports, RWA Tokenisation, iGaming, Consumer Rewards, and Payments

February 19, 2026

Technip Energies announces the appointment of Jesse Stanley as President, Technologies & Products, and the new composition of its Executive Committee

February 19, 2026

Saskatoon residents dig out from February snowstorm

February 19, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Finance Pro
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Daily Guardian
Subscribe
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Climate
  • Auto
  • Travel
  • Web Stories
Daily Guardian
Home » Victim ‘fearful’ as Saskatoon voyeur arrested hours after release
News

Victim ‘fearful’ as Saskatoon voyeur arrested hours after release

By News RoomFebruary 19, 20263 Mins Read
Victim ‘fearful’ as Saskatoon voyeur arrested hours after release
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email
Victim ‘fearful’ as Saskatoon voyeur arrested hours after release

A victim of a man charged with over 70 voyeurism-related offences says she was left shaken after learning of his release through social media, only to discover hours later that he had been arrested again.

Kyle Hameluck, 37, was released from custody on Feb. 14 under statutory release in Saskatoon and was subject to court-ordered conditions. A public warning about his release was put out at the time.

Saskatoon police later confirmed that he was re-arrested within hours for allegedly breaching those conditions.

“I was not contacted by the police that he was being let out. I found out on Facebook,” the woman said, whose identity must stay anonymous due to a court-ordered publication ban.

She said the news triggered fear and anxiety.

“It was still really upsetting to find out in the middle of the day on social media. It also ensued a lot of panic and fear in myself knowing he was being let out into the community.”

In the police-issued public safety advisory ahead of Hameluck’s release, they cited concerns about his criminal history and potential to reoffend.

Hameluck’s prior convictions were tied to dozens of offences, including voyeurism, indecent acts and trespassing at night.

For news impacting Canada and around the world, sign up for breaking news alerts delivered directly to you when they happen.

Get breaking National news

For news impacting Canada and around the world, sign up for breaking news alerts delivered directly to you when they happen.

Authorities said Hameluck’s release conditions prohibited him from possessing or using any cellphone or digital device capable of taking photos or videos.

Saskatoon Police Service said the decision to issue the advisory was made “in the interest of public safety.”

“The release regarding his re-arrest was issued in follow-up to the public safety advisory to maintain the same level of communication in keeping the public informed,” said Saskatoon police in a statement to Global News.

According to police, Hameluck was arrested near Midtown Plaza less than four hours after his release for allegedly using a cellphone contrary to his conditions.

Shea Neudorf, a defence lawyer who specializes in sexual assault cases, said statutory release is a standard part of Canada’s correctional system.

“In Canada, we don’t have a system where we just lock people up and throw away the key. Sentences are typically finite,” Neudorf said.

“When Mr. Hameluck finished serving two-thirds of his sentence, he would have been eligible for statutory release, where he is released into the community under very strict conditions.”

While on statutory release, offenders are still monitored, Neudorf said.


“It’s important for the public to know that we don’t want people serving their entire sentence and then being pushed out into the world where they are no longer subject to corrections,” she said.

However, she said victims and families are not always fully informed about how the process works.

“That process isn’t always made clear to complainants and families at the beginning, so they’re often left in the dark about what to expect.”

The victim said she has since moved to another community, which has helped ease some of her fears, but she remains concerned for others.

“When people are determined to do something, they’re going to find a way to do it, no matter what,” she said.

“I feel fearful for the people living there… it is a heavily university student-populated area.”

The woman said she has written to elected officials calling for changes to how such cases are handled.

“I still feel like my life has changed.”

Hameluck’s bail hearing is scheduled for Feb. 18.

&copy 2026 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Keep Reading

Saskatoon residents dig out from February snowstorm

Promised replacement of aging long-term care home in Kelowna put on hold indefinitely

Quebec hair salon ordered to pay $500 to non-binary client

RCMP investigating after fraudulent QR codes found on 75 Kelowna parking meters

Métis elders in Saskatchewan celebrate launch of book featuring their stories

Overdoses tripled at Saskatoon supervised consumption site in 2025

Ontarians without a family doctor at higher risk of death, study finds

Seafood magnate John Risley’s firm owes more than US$776 million: court documents

Canada’s EV rebate is here. How do charging costs compare with gas?

Editors Picks

Weather impacting Livigno Olympic schedule

February 19, 2026

Crypto Snack Unveils Five-Pillar Ecosystem Spanning Sports, RWA Tokenisation, iGaming, Consumer Rewards, and Payments

February 19, 2026

Technip Energies announces the appointment of Jesse Stanley as President, Technologies & Products, and the new composition of its Executive Committee

February 19, 2026

Saskatoon residents dig out from February snowstorm

February 19, 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest Canada news and updates directly to your inbox.

Latest News

Milre, Korean Smart Lock Brand, Officially Enters the Philippines Market

February 19, 2026

Victim ‘fearful’ as Saskatoon voyeur arrested hours after release

February 19, 2026

Promised replacement of aging long-term care home in Kelowna put on hold indefinitely

February 18, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest TikTok Instagram
© 2026 Daily Guardian Canada. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Advertise
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

Go to mobile version