Close Menu
Daily Guardian
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Climate
  • Auto
  • Travel
  • Web Stories
What's On

Austin Roofing Completes Ten-Building Steel Roof Restoration at St. Catharines Storage Facility

August 19, 2026

Behzadi Boutique Spotlights Its Curated Patek Philippe Nautilus Selection in Dubai

August 19, 2026

New Crypto: Pepeto Grows Past $10.74M Fast Following Shiba Inu Success And Ethereum Price Prediction Targets $7,500

August 19, 2026

Missing pilot found dead after massive search in Ontario

August 19, 2026

Denny’s Hits it Out of the Park with All-New Triple Play Combo Meals

August 19, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Finance Pro
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Daily Guardian
Subscribe
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Climate
  • Auto
  • Travel
  • Web Stories
Daily Guardian
Home » Taylor Swift concert attack plot suspect apologizes in Austrian court
Entertainment

Taylor Swift concert attack plot suspect apologizes in Austrian court

By News RoomMay 28, 20263 Mins Read
Taylor Swift concert attack plot suspect apologizes in Austrian court
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

A man who admitted to plotting to attack a Taylor Swift concert in Vienna nearly two years ago told an Austrian court Thursday that he was sorry, ahead of a verdict in his trial.

The concert plot was thwarted, but Austrian authorities still canceled Swift’s three performances in August 2024.

The defendant, a 21-year-old Austrian citizen known only as Beran A. in line with Austrian privacy rules, faces charges including terrorist offenses and membership in a terrorist organization.

His defense attorney said he pleaded guilty to the charges related to the concert plot during the opening day of the trial last month. He could face up to 20 years in prison.

Beran A. allegedly planned to target people outside the Ernst Happel Stadium with knives or homemade explosives. Tens of thousands of Taylor Swift fans, known as Swifties, had traveled to Austria to attend the performances of the American singer’s record-setting Eras Tour. Devastated by the cancellations, many gathered in central Vienna to trade friendship bracelets and commiserate about the cancellations.

Beran A. also allegedly networked with other members of the Islamic State group ahead of the planned attack. Prosecutors have said they discussed purchasing weapons and making bombs, and that the defendant also sought to illegally buy weapons in the days ahead of the performance, as well as swearing allegiance to the militant group.


Get daily Canada news delivered to your inbox so you'll never miss the day's top stories.

Get daily National news

Get daily Canada news delivered to your inbox so you’ll never miss the day’s top stories.

He is on trial alongside Arda K., whose full name also has not been made public. They, along with a third man who was arrested and remains in pretrial detention in Saudi Arabia, allegedly planned to carry out simultaneous attacks in Saudi Arabia, Turkey and the United Arab Emirates during Ramadan 2024 in the name of IS.

Only Beran A. was charged in connection with the concert plot. He pleaded not guilty to the charges related to the plot for simultaneous attacks.

In closing arguments Thursday at the state court in Wiener Neustadt, south of Vienna, prosecutors called for the men’s conviction, the Austria Press Agency reported.

Beran A.’s defense lawyer, Anna Mair, told the court that her client was “not an ideological mastermind.”

In short final words to the court before it adjourned to consider a verdict, Beran A. said: “I would just like to say that I am sorry.”

&copy 2026 The Canadian Press

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Keep Reading

Hayden Panettiere’s on-and-off boyfriend was there when she died: police

Frank Beard, ZZ Top’s drummer, dead at 77

Nick Reiner blocked from accessing trust fund ahead of murder trial

Cindy Crawford’s daughter Kaia Gerber says she had ‘exorcism’ as child

Iceland anti-whaling mission a success: activists

Selena Gomez’s lawyer calls Wondermind fraud lawsuit ‘completely meritless’

Hayden Panettiere’s ex Wladimir Klitschko posts tribute to late actor

Jann Arden shares pictures of wedding to Icelandic author Thordis Elva

Actor Hayden Panettiere dead at 36

Editors Picks

Behzadi Boutique Spotlights Its Curated Patek Philippe Nautilus Selection in Dubai

August 19, 2026

New Crypto: Pepeto Grows Past $10.74M Fast Following Shiba Inu Success And Ethereum Price Prediction Targets $7,500

August 19, 2026

Missing pilot found dead after massive search in Ontario

August 19, 2026

Denny’s Hits it Out of the Park with All-New Triple Play Combo Meals

August 19, 2026

Latest News

Bonaventure Acquires Ownership Interest in Crescent at Chevy Chase from Landmark Realty

August 19, 2026

OpenAI hit the brakes. Now what?

August 19, 2026

Kouami Group Launches Leniqo, the Zero-Deposit Fintech Platform Founded by Entrepreneur Ismail Kouami

August 19, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest TikTok Instagram
© 2026 Daily Guardian Canada. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Advertise
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

Go to mobile version