Close Menu
Daily Guardian
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Climate
  • Auto
  • Travel
  • Web Stories
What's On

Tomoland Raises USD 2 Million to Bring AI-Powered UGC Platform to Web3, Sells Out Blueprint Founder Pass in 2 hours

May 19, 2026

Arkay Zero Proof Announces New Production and Labeling Facility in Avignon, France to Serve the European Market

May 19, 2026

Lawrence Doors Announces New Support Options for Door Replacement and Entry Security

May 19, 2026

Fangzhou Ranked among 2025 Guangzhou AI Innovation “Most Promising Enterprises” for AI‑Powered Chronic Disease Services

May 18, 2026

LG will release the first 1000Hz, 1080p gaming monitor this year

May 18, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Finance Pro
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Daily Guardian
Subscribe
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Climate
  • Auto
  • Travel
  • Web Stories
Daily Guardian
Home » Taylor Frankie Paul ‘Bachelorette’ season cancelled 3 days before premiere
Entertainment

Taylor Frankie Paul ‘Bachelorette’ season cancelled 3 days before premiere

By News RoomMarch 19, 20265 Mins Read
Taylor Frankie Paul ‘Bachelorette’ season cancelled 3 days before premiere
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Taylor Frankie Paul’s season of The Bachelorette, which was slated to premiere on Sunday, will not be moving forward.

ABC has decided to pull Season 22 after a video surfaced on Thursday, released by TMZ, allegedly showing a 2023 domestic violence incident involving Paul and her ex-boyfriend, Dakota Mortensen.

“In light of the newly released video just surfaced today, we have made the decision to not move forward with the new season of The Bachelorette at this time, and our focus is on supporting the family,” a Disney Entertainment Television spokesperson said in a statement to The Hollywood Reporter.

After the video was released, a spokesperson for The Secret Lives of Mormon Wives star said in a statement to People on Thursday that it’s “sad to see the latest installment” of Mortensen’s “never-ending, desperate, attention-seeking, destructive campaign to harm Taylor without any regard for the consequences for their child.”

“Releasing an old video, which conveniently omits context, on their son’s birthday is a reprehensible attempt to distract from his own behavior. Thankfully, the public has seen this act before and knows who he is and sadly, many will recognize this pattern of manipulation, both in his actions on the show, and from their own experiences,” her rep added.

Paul was previously arrested for domestic violence in 2023. Footage of the alleged 2023 incident between Paul and Mortensen was leaked to TMZ on Thursday, where she can be seen kicking and hitting her ex-boyfriend and throwing chairs at him.

“Your daughter is right here,” Mortensen says before a chair is launched in his direction.

Paul faced misdemeanour charges of assault, criminal mischief and commission of domestic violence in the presence of a child after she was accused of throwing a chair at Mortensen that reportedly hit her daughter.

The 31-year-old reality star pleaded guilty to aggravated assault in August 2023, while the other charges were dismissed, according to ABC4 Utah.

Get daily Canada news delivered to your inbox so you'll never miss the day's top stories.

Get daily National news

Get daily Canada news delivered to your inbox so you’ll never miss the day’s top stories.

During an interview on the Call Her Daddy podcast, Paul told host Alex Cooper that the charges stemming from her 2023 arrest “were all dropped.”

“I never had hurt my daughter. I never intentionally did anything with my children,” Paul added.

“After the arrest, I was under so much stress. I was filmed leaving the jail and then that was immediately on the internet,” she said. “It was a blessing in disguise. It helped me wake up.”

The network’s decision to pull Paul’s upcoming season comes after recent reports of another alleged domestic violence incident between Paul and Mortensen.

A spokesperson for the Draper City Police Department confirmed to People and local affiliate ABC4 Utah that there is an open “domestic assault investigation” regarding Paul and Mortensen, 33.

In responses to other outlets, the police department has not revealed any details about the case, citing “privacy” and its “active investigation.”

Global News has reached out to the Draper City Police Department for further information.

After news of the investigation spread, Paul told People on Tuesday that her “heart hurts to see it, to go through it, especially at this time.”


“Just the timing is hard, and it’s a big deal. I feel like every premiere that I’ve experienced, I’ve never enjoyed fully, so this is another one…. It’s extremely hard, and it took everything to get me here today,” she said of the investigation and the upcoming premiere of The Bachelorette.

“It’s just heavy. It’s a heavy time, and it’s unfortunate,” the influencer continued. “I’m struggling for sure, but also at the same time I feel like if I don’t show up, then I’m just giving these opportunities away and not enjoying what we’ve worked on and something super exciting that’s coming.”

She also told the Hollywood Reporter that it’s been “really difficult and heavy given, you know, all the headlines and what’s going on.”

“But I would say I am handling it like any normal human would, like struggling, but trying to show up at the same time,” she added.

Mortensen’s representative addressed the reports of the domestic assault investigation in a statement to Entertainment Weekly.

“His number one priority here is protecting Ever,” his rep said on Wednesday. “He knew there was a possibility it could come out, but he was not going to be the one to proactively do that because he has always wanted a decent relationship with Taylor.”

“It’s been really hard to achieve that, but he wants to co-parent well,” his rep added.

Mortensen’s rep also denied that he was the reason the situation became public and said he was hoping the drama would de-escalate.

“He was just hoping that if he says nothing, as he usually does, it would go away. He’s never done any kind of sit-down interview about his side,” the rep continued.

“He kind of just lets it all happen to him, and I think he realizes with the severity of everything now that he just can’t do that.”

Production on Season 5 of The Secret Lives of Mormon Wives has also been halted following the investigation into the allegations involving Paul and Mortensen.

During her appearance on Good Morning America on Wednesday, Paul said she doesn’t “call the shots with production.”

Paul, an executive producer on the reality series, did say that she has “gotten word that there’s a pause” in filming but she doesn’t know for how long.

Hulu has not publicly commented on the domestic violence investigation as of this writing.

&copy 2026 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Keep Reading

What is this ‘blue dot fever’ and why is the music industry afflicted with it?

Aaron Carter’s family reaches settlement in wrongful death lawsuit

Drake releases ‘Iceman’ and 2 surprise albums ‘Habibti,’ ‘Maid of Honour’

Eurovision director says door is open for Canada to join song contest

Madonna, Shakira, BTS to headline World Cup final’s 1st halftime show

Shania Twain announces new album, ‘Little Miss Twain’

Matthew Perry death: Drug counsellor who delivered ketamine sentenced to 2 years

‘The Hills’ star Spencer Pratt vows to clean up L.A. in mayoral run

James Van Der Beek’s wife shares emotional tribute 3 months after his death

Editors Picks

Arkay Zero Proof Announces New Production and Labeling Facility in Avignon, France to Serve the European Market

May 19, 2026

Lawrence Doors Announces New Support Options for Door Replacement and Entry Security

May 19, 2026

Fangzhou Ranked among 2025 Guangzhou AI Innovation “Most Promising Enterprises” for AI‑Powered Chronic Disease Services

May 18, 2026

LG will release the first 1000Hz, 1080p gaming monitor this year

May 18, 2026

Latest News

Crypto Market News: AlphaPepe Presale Surpasses 8,800 Holders as XRP Price Prediction Eyes $7.00

May 18, 2026

New infill houses in Saskatoon historic neighbourhoods get mixed response

May 18, 2026

Exclusive: Jonah Peretti explains why he sold BuzzFeed

May 18, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest TikTok Instagram
© 2026 Daily Guardian Canada. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Advertise
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

Go to mobile version