Close Menu
Daily Guardian
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Climate
  • Auto
  • Travel
  • Web Stories
What's On

South Korea aims to win Canada’s sub bid with showcase of ship in B.C.

May 24, 2026

Final assays for Golden Eye ahead of Resource Update

May 24, 2026

Yanik Guillemette: “Our Regulators Have Completely Lost the Plot”

May 24, 2026

Yanik Guillemette Warns Canada Is Driving Tech Companies Out

May 24, 2026

Jelly Tide Gummy (Jelly Tide Official Website Scam WARNING) – Ingredients Investigated

May 24, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Finance Pro
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Daily Guardian
Subscribe
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Climate
  • Auto
  • Travel
  • Web Stories
Daily Guardian
Home » Suspect charged with murder over shooting death of 29-year-old Hamilton man
News

Suspect charged with murder over shooting death of 29-year-old Hamilton man

By News RoomMarch 5, 20262 Mins Read
Suspect charged with murder over shooting death of 29-year-old Hamilton man
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Hamilton police say a man has been charged with first-degree murder in connection with the 2023 shooting death of 29-year-old Daniel Musafiri.

During the course of investigating another incident, detectives obtained new information that linked a suspect to Musafiri’s death.

Police said investigators were able to build on evidence gathered in the early stages of the case, which led to the identification of Erik Kalanyos, 29, of Hamilton, who was already in custody on an unrelated matter.

Kalanvos has now been arrested and charged with first-degree murder, police said.

For news impacting Canada and around the world, sign up for breaking news alerts delivered directly to you when they happen.

Get breaking National news

For news impacting Canada and around the world, sign up for breaking news alerts delivered directly to you when they happen.

In a statement, Musafiri’s mother, Mosengo Immaculee, described the devastating impact her son’s death has had on her life.

“My life was completely shattered when my son was killed,” she said. Immaculee said she had already lost her husband and that losing her son has left her “broken.”

Police said officers responded to reports of shots fired around 10:48 p.m. on Dec. 29, 2023, in the area of York Boulevard and Queen Street North.

When officers arrived, they found Musafiri suffering from a gunshot wound. He was taken to hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

Investigators later determined Musafiri had been at Boulevard Billiards before the shooting.

After leaving the establishment, police say he was confronted by a suspect in the parking area of 103 Queen St. N.

Police said a brief verbal exchange took place before Musafiri was fatally shot. The suspect then fled the area in a black Dodge Challenger.

“My son was only 29 years old. No words can truly describe the pain of a mother losing her child. A part of my heart died the day my son was taken from me,” Immaculee said.

Authorities are asking anyone with additional information to come forward.


&copy 2026 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Keep Reading

South Korea aims to win Canada’s sub bid with showcase of ship in B.C.

N.S. releases offer details for striking long-term care workers

Ontario human foosball players set Guinness World Record with massive game

‘Forever Canadian’ group launches provincewide ‘unity bus’ campaign

2 teens dead after crash in Quebec’s Eastern Townships

Saskatoon sees the Prairie Lily sail again after 18 months

Police urgently searching for missing newborn baby in Halifax

Quebec Premier Fréchette won’t rule out exceeding $250M spending pot

Canada and allies condemn Israeli settlement expansion amid West Bank tensions

Editors Picks

Final assays for Golden Eye ahead of Resource Update

May 24, 2026

Yanik Guillemette: “Our Regulators Have Completely Lost the Plot”

May 24, 2026

Yanik Guillemette Warns Canada Is Driving Tech Companies Out

May 24, 2026

Jelly Tide Gummy (Jelly Tide Official Website Scam WARNING) – Ingredients Investigated

May 24, 2026

Latest News

DentaBiome 2026 Warning: Full Consumer Report Exposes Red Flags in the Counterfeit Oral Supplement Market

May 24, 2026

Zensulin Claims Evaluated: Full Consumer Report Reveals the Truth Behind the “Sugar Destroyer” Herb

May 24, 2026

Memopezil 2026 Warning: (Memopezil Official Website Scam WARNING) – Ingredients Investigated

May 24, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest TikTok Instagram
© 2026 Daily Guardian Canada. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Advertise
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

Go to mobile version