Close Menu
Daily Guardian
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Climate
  • Auto
  • Travel
  • Web Stories
What's On

Man who set fire as distraction to shoplift in Vancouver grocery given conditional sentence

August 23, 2026

B.C. storm causes new wildfires, airport delays after more than 7K lightning strikes

August 23, 2026

Solana Unchained Emerges as a Closely Watched Solana Presale Following Product Ecosystem Reveal

August 23, 2026

Eastern Canada premiers renew buy Canadian calls as U.S. trade war ramps up

August 23, 2026

GTA 6: all the news on Rockstar’s next entry in the Grand Theft Auto series

August 23, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Finance Pro
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Daily Guardian
Subscribe
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Climate
  • Auto
  • Travel
  • Web Stories
Daily Guardian
Home » Subject of N.S. emergency alert killed in police shooting: SIRT
News

Subject of N.S. emergency alert killed in police shooting: SIRT

By News RoomJuly 10, 20262 Mins Read
Subject of N.S. emergency alert killed in police shooting: SIRT
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Nova Scotia’s police watchdog says a man who had been the subject of an emergency alert has died after being shot by police.

The Serious Incident Response Team (SIRT) says it is investigating the incident.

Officers originally responded to a report of a man with a weapon on Wednesday evening in Chelsea, N.S.

Get daily Canada news delivered to your inbox so you'll never miss the day's top stories.

Get daily National news

Get daily Canada news delivered to your inbox so you’ll never miss the day’s top stories.

An Alert Ready emergency alert was sent at around 6 p.m. Wednesday for residents in Lunenburg and Queens counties, asking them to lock their doors and not to pick up hitchhikers.

At 9 p.m., RCMP said they had cancelled the alert because officers “no longer believe there’s a risk to public safety.”

According to its preliminary investigation, SIRT says RCMP responded the next morning to the Chelsea, N.S., area to reports of a man with a gun. RCMP have said that the suspect was the subject of the emergency alert.


SIRT says in a release that the adult man was “located, and one officer discharged their firearm, striking the male.”

“First aid was administered but the male was pronounced deceased at the scene,” the release added.

SIRT says this is an active investigation and will not be providing further details.

&copy 2026 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Keep Reading

Man who set fire as distraction to shoplift in Vancouver grocery given conditional sentence

B.C. storm causes new wildfires, airport delays after more than 7K lightning strikes

Eastern Canada premiers renew buy Canadian calls as U.S. trade war ramps up

‘We can’t run our businesses’: Canadian companies react to U.S. tariffs

Trump says Canada wants ‘benefit’ of U.S. state without being one as trade war escalates

Mystery man ‘Lucky’ found in Amsterdam is not missing person from B.C.: police

The Bank of Canada’s worried about the rise of private credit. Here’s why

Whale sanctuary project secures 20-year Nova Scotia lease despite ongoing opposition

Horvath hitting highs for streaking B.C. Lions

Editors Picks

B.C. storm causes new wildfires, airport delays after more than 7K lightning strikes

August 23, 2026

Solana Unchained Emerges as a Closely Watched Solana Presale Following Product Ecosystem Reveal

August 23, 2026

Eastern Canada premiers renew buy Canadian calls as U.S. trade war ramps up

August 23, 2026

GTA 6: all the news on Rockstar’s next entry in the Grand Theft Auto series

August 23, 2026

Latest News

‘We can’t run our businesses’: Canadian companies react to U.S. tariffs

August 23, 2026

Trump says Canada wants ‘benefit’ of U.S. state without being one as trade war escalates

August 23, 2026

Conservatives urge feds to release details of U.S. deal Canada walked away from

August 23, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest TikTok Instagram
© 2026 Daily Guardian Canada. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Advertise
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

Go to mobile version