Daily Guardian
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Climate
  • Auto
  • Travel
  • Web Stories
What's On

Canada’s Homan picks up key victory over Italy

February 18, 2026

Cartier Extends Mineralized System 4 km East of Main; Cuts 23.2 g/t Au over 1.0 m at Nordeau (Cadillac); Expands High-Grade Gold Near Surface at East Nordeau Zone

February 18, 2026

Aspargo Labs Appoints Sam Backenroth as Chief Financial Officer

February 18, 2026

Ring’s AI-powered Search Party won’t stop at finding lost dogs, leaked email shows

February 18, 2026

Greenridge Exploration Announces Commencement of Winter 2026 Drilling Program with Denison Mines at the Hook-Carter Uranium Project in the Athabasca Basin, Saskatchewan

February 18, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Finance Pro
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Daily Guardian
Subscribe
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Climate
  • Auto
  • Travel
  • Web Stories
Daily Guardian
Home » Quebec father who drowned his children tells jury he has no memory of killings
News

Quebec father who drowned his children tells jury he has no memory of killings

By News RoomFebruary 18, 20262 Mins Read
Quebec father who drowned his children tells jury he has no memory of killings
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email
Quebec father who drowned his children tells jury he has no memory of killings

By Staff

The Canadian Press

Posted February 18, 2026 12:51 pm

1 min read

A Quebec man who drowned his two children in October 2022 has told a jury he has no memory of the day they died.

Kamaljit Arora is testifying in his own defence for a second day at his murder trial in Laval, Que., a suburb north of Montreal.

He says he consumed fentanyl on the day of the killings and has no recollection about drowning his 13-year-old daughter and 11-year-old son in their Laval home.

For news impacting Canada and around the world, sign up for breaking news alerts delivered directly to you when they happen.

Get breaking National news

For news impacting Canada and around the world, sign up for breaking news alerts delivered directly to you when they happen.

Arora, 49, says he remembers waking up handcuffed in hospital a few weeks after the deaths.

He has admitted to causing the deaths of the two children, but has pleaded not guilty to two counts of first-degree murder, the attempted murder of his older daughter and the strangulation of his former wife.

A publication ban has been placed on the names of the young victims.

The Crown, which has completed presenting evidence, intends to prove that Arora’s actions were premeditated.

Arora told the jury he had been suffering mental health issues since 2020 including a severe depression. He said he had purchased what he thought was fentanyl leading up to the killings with the intent of dying by suicide


&copy 2026 The Canadian Press

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Keep Reading

Former Winnipeg bureaucrat questioned at inquiry on money from contractor

Pee power: McGill researchers harnessing human urine for clean energy

Ontario Line opening date uncertain, construction to be finished in ‘early 2030s’

Dog kicked in ‘disturbing’ video removed from owner’s care: Sudbury police

Arctic winds push south through the Prairies, bringing snow and frigid temperatures

Tough sell for B.C. budget featuring tax hike, record deficit and construction delays

Carney returns to B.C. for Lunar New Year one week after mass shooting

Cap on international students leading to drop in Ontario transit ridership

Saskatchewan invests additional $1.4 million in gender-based violence programming

Editors Picks

Cartier Extends Mineralized System 4 km East of Main; Cuts 23.2 g/t Au over 1.0 m at Nordeau (Cadillac); Expands High-Grade Gold Near Surface at East Nordeau Zone

February 18, 2026

Aspargo Labs Appoints Sam Backenroth as Chief Financial Officer

February 18, 2026

Ring’s AI-powered Search Party won’t stop at finding lost dogs, leaked email shows

February 18, 2026

Greenridge Exploration Announces Commencement of Winter 2026 Drilling Program with Denison Mines at the Hook-Carter Uranium Project in the Athabasca Basin, Saskatchewan

February 18, 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest Canada news and updates directly to your inbox.

Latest News

Health Systems and Strategic Partners Unite to Address Widening Healthcare Gaps in Rural and Underserved Communities

February 18, 2026

Acronis H2 2025 Cyberthreats Report: Cyberattacks Surge as Phishing, Ransomware, and AI-Driven Threats Escalate

February 18, 2026

Navy Chorus Celebrates America’s 250th with performances across the Northeast

February 18, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest TikTok Instagram
© 2026 Daily Guardian Canada. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Advertise
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

Go to mobile version