Daily Guardian
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Climate
  • Auto
  • Travel
  • Web Stories
What's On

Saskatchewan invests additional $1.4 million in gender-based violence programming

February 17, 2026

Natalie Spooner takes on Olympic Village food

February 17, 2026

February snowstorm hits Saskatchewan after brief taste of spring

February 17, 2026

BellaVita Luxury Introduces Bellavita Water-Based Hair & Body Mist

February 17, 2026

NEWMEDIA.COM Announces Expanded Retail Authority Acceleration Framework

February 17, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Finance Pro
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Daily Guardian
Subscribe
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Climate
  • Auto
  • Travel
  • Web Stories
Daily Guardian
Home » Pentagon’s Signalgate report finds Pete Hegseth violated military policies
Technology

Pentagon’s Signalgate report finds Pete Hegseth violated military policies

By News RoomDecember 4, 20252 Mins Read
Pentagon’s Signalgate report finds Pete Hegseth violated military policies
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email
Pentagon’s Signalgate report finds Pete Hegseth violated military policies

It has been months since a group of Trump administration officials put together a Signal group chat to discuss classified military intelligence ahead of a military strike in Yemen while inadvertently adding a journalist, and now the Pentagon’s inspector general has released its report on the mess. The results of Steven Stebbins’ eight-month-long investigation found that Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth did not comply with DoD policies by “using a nonapproved commercially available messaging application to send nonpublic DoD information.”

It also said that he risked potential compromise of “sensitive DoD information” as a result, but only recommended a review of classification procedures, and said that another report recommended “corrective actions” that, if implemented and adhered to, would comply with the department’s requirements.

The 84-page report, available in full here, shows that Hegseth himself responded to the investigation with a statement in July that said he’d shared “nonspecific general details” about the strike, and declined interview requests.

The investigation also had to rely on reporting from the journalist added to the chat, The Atlantic editor in chief Jeffrey Goldberg, as its auto-delete function only made it possible for them to retrieve some of the discussions.

We requested that the DoD provide a copy of the Secretary’s communications on Signal on or about
March 15, 2025. The DoD provided a partial copy of messages from the Secretary’s personal cell phone,
including some messages that The Atlantic previously reported, but other messages had auto-deleted because
of chat settings. Therefore, we had to rely in part on the transcript of the chat The Atlantic posted publicly (“Houthi PC Small Group”) for a full record.

In a tweet posted Wednesday evening, Hegseth claimed the report showed “No classified information. Total exoneration.” However, Armed Services Committee member Sen. Mark Kelly of Arizona told reporters today that “It said he was in violation of some DOD regulations…so whether that’s breaking the law, you got to figure that out.”

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Keep Reading

Meta’s new deal with Nvidia buys up millions of AI chips

Sony’s WH-1000XM6 are nearly $100 off for just a few more hours

Google’s AI search results will make links more obvious

Now Pixel 9 phones can transfer files with AirDrop, too

Google announces dates for I/O 2026

Apple is reportedly planning to launch AI-powered glasses, a pendant, and AirPods

WordPress’ new AI assistant will let users edit their sites with prompts

This backup camera cleaner hides behind your license plate

Shein’s ‘addictive design’ and illegal sex dolls under investigation

Editors Picks

Natalie Spooner takes on Olympic Village food

February 17, 2026

February snowstorm hits Saskatchewan after brief taste of spring

February 17, 2026

BellaVita Luxury Introduces Bellavita Water-Based Hair & Body Mist

February 17, 2026

NEWMEDIA.COM Announces Expanded Retail Authority Acceleration Framework

February 17, 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest Canada news and updates directly to your inbox.

Latest News

1 dead after fire erupts in Toronto highrise apartment unit

February 17, 2026

Madeline Schizas 25th after short program in Milan

February 17, 2026

Xsolis Announces the Appointment of Vic Pierni as Chief Financial Officer

February 17, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest TikTok Instagram
© 2026 Daily Guardian Canada. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Advertise
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

Go to mobile version